- Fixed a bug that would cause a crash when repairing armor while transformed.
- Area of effect heals and boons now prioritize players over minions and NPCs.
- Guild leaders are able to demote other players of the same rank.
- Weapon skills will now properly display their PvP and PvE split variants in the Weapon Skills tab of the Hero Panel instead of displaying both.
- Fixed a bug that caused NPCs not to resurrect other NPCs in various Orr events.
- Fixed a bug that caused Warmaster Jofast and her caravan to not advance properly through Cursed Shore.
- Fixed a rare bug that could prevent the event “Protect the trained skelk gathering kindling for Raintimber Mill” in Diessa Plateau from progressing.
- Fixed a bug that could potentially prevent progress with the event “Protect Orl’s research krewe” in Metrica Province.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent progress with the event “Stop the Inquest operatives from kidnapping adventurers” in Sparkfly Fen.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent progress with the event “Raid the Separatist camp with the Warhound Village veterans” in Iron Marches.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent displaced spirits from rejoining their bodies in Iron Marches.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent progress with the event “Protect the armory from the Flame Legion” in Plains of Ashford.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent “Ireta the Smasher” from team switching correctly during the event “Prevent the brawl between the three legions.”
- Fixed a bug that prevented Suwash from confronting Captain Jetsam in Lornar’s Pass in the event “Defeat Captain Jetsam.”
- Fixed a bug that preventing events from running properly near Eldvin Monastery in Queensdale.
- Fixed a bug causing skritt thieves to stop stealing harpy eggs in Harathi Hinterlands.
- Fixed a bug that caused Crusader Soma to give up searching for the lost caravan in Timberline Falls.
Crucible of Eternity
- Front door path: Fixed a bug that affected the aggro range of the Destroyer Specimen Boss.
- Submarine path: Fixed a bug with Bjarl’s armor not going off when he charges and hits a tower.
- Detha’s Path: Fixed a problem with Detha’s script where she would sometimes not start the event to fix the cannons.
- Hodgin’s Path: Fixed a problem in Hodgin’s script at the “Collect scepter fragments” event that prevented the event from starting.
- Detha’s path: Fixed a bug that caused the Ghostly Oozes not to use their basic attack properly, and spend a large amount of time loitering around players instead of attacking them.
- Fixed multiple problematic doors that would not open and close when intended.
- Fixed a bug where Morrigu could die after defeating the final boss before the cinematic could start, which would break the dungeon and prevent players from receiving the final reward.
The Ruined City of Arah
- Seer Path: Fixed an exploit where rangers using longbows could trivialize a fight by attacking at max range, and the Melandru boss would not fight back.
Fractals of the Mists
- Cliffside: Fixed an issue where players could damage the final seal with their normal attacks.
- Cliffside: Fixed an issue where players were able to attack and kill the first boss before triggering the cinematic.
- Minor personal story bugs in multiple personal story steps were fixed.
- The story step “Forewarned is Forearmed” has been fixed to avoid an error that prevented completion.
- The story step “Time for a Promotion” has been fixed to avoid a problem that caused it to stall.
- The story step “Silent Warfare” has had the difficulty adjusted.
- The story step “The Artist’s Workshop” has been fixed to allow players to rally when they defeat hypnotized performers.
- Players who completed the sylvari “mirror” storyline are now recognized by the NPCs in the story step “Through the Looking Glass.”
World vs. World
- Invisible & invulnerable players can no longer contest capture points in WvW. WvW capture points now follow the same rules as PvP capture points.
- All players will now correctly receive WvW bonuses. Players who transfer worlds will still be locked out of bonuses for the current and subsequent match.
- Heart of the Mists: Added light, medium, and heavy PvP Underwater Mask items to the PvP Armorsmith.
- Battle of Kyhlo: The hit box on the trebuchets has been decreased so that they are less vulnerable to certain AoE skills.
- Legacy of the Foefire: The red guild lord and his guards have been repositioned to more closely match the blue side.
- Forest of Niflhel: Fixed incorrect names on the archer NPCs that guard each base.
- Removed slots in the PvP locker for the Rawhide armor pieces, as they are not obtainable as PvP rewards.
- PvP locker now can store consumable finishers up to rank 6, glory boosters, PvP salvage kits, and tournament tickets.
- Updated the NPC names of archers in Forest of Niflhel.
- Updated the names of the level 80 rare armorsmithing boxes to match the names of the items they contain.
- Runes of Balthazar and Orrian now properly apply quickness when the player is struck and below 20% health.
- Updated Knight’s Jewel so that it appropriately grants Power rather than Toughness.
- Updated the ingredients required to craft satchels and boxes of armor to match the ingredients required to craft the individual pieces contained within.
- Fixed an issue with the Boxing Glove skills remaining when players swap to armor from town clothes.
- Mini pets are now usable in the Heart of the Mists.
- Fixed Krait Tonic second skill description.
- Fixed missing nightmare medium icons and pants using gloves icons.
- Total Makeover Kit and Self-Style Hair Kit added to the Black Lion Chest as rare rewards.
- Increased chance to get Mini boosters and Dye Pack boosters from the Black Lion Chest.
- Updated elementalist conjured weapons to appropriately apply attributes to all players that pick them up.
- Dragon’s Tooth: This skill’s blast finisher now triggers at spell location, instead of character’s location.
- Electrocute: This skill now has a maximum range and line of sight requirement.
- Impale: Fixed an exploit with this skill’s interaction with Signet of Restoration.
- Arcane Resurrection: This trait now applies five seconds of aura to allies affected by it.
- Evasive Arcana: This trait now has a blast finisher while attuned to earth.
- Elementalists will no longer get into a state where they aren’t attuned to any element. This commonly results in the player’s skillbar being empty.
- Toss Elixir C: This skill’s underwater cooldown is reduced from 60 seconds to 30 seconds to match the land recharge.
- Elixir S: Fixed a bug that would cause this skill to go on normal recharge when Fast-Acting Elixirs is equipped.
- Smoke Bomb: Cleaned up skill facts.
- Ring of Warding: This skill will no longer affect non-attackable NPCs.
- Updated the description for Blurred Frenzy to indicate that it gives evasion through “Blur,” instead of “Distortion”.
- Phantasms will now properly have all boons applied to them via player traits.
- Phantasmal Disenchanter can now be cast at the correct distance.
- Fixed a bug that allowed a ranger to have two traps of the same type active simultaneously.
- Using a stolen bundle item should no longer destroy a bundle being wielded in their hands.
- Whirling Axe: This skill can now be cancelled by other skills.
(edited by Moderator)
Our Studio Design Director Chris Whiteside just posted this:
“I’d like to respond to concerns players have raised about ascended items. Please keep in mind that we’re releasing this as one portion of a massive November update that introduces and improves many aspects of challenge, progression, and rewards. With this and upcoming updates, we view ourselves as introducing large amounts of content with supporting systems and features, akin to an expansion pack, building on Guild Wars 2 through a series of live releases. So it’s important for us to be able to add an expansion pack’s worth of progression and rewards to support that content.
Our goal is not to create a gear treadmill. Our goal is to ensure we have a proper progression for players from exotic up to legendary without a massive jump in reward between the two. We will slowly add the remaining ascended gear items and legendary items in future updates to allow people time to acquire them as we add exciting new content that deserves exciting rewards. We will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months that we expect everyone to chase after and then get the next set and so on.
Ascended and infusion rewards will be available in both PvE and WvW over time, and be made available through all sorts of content around the world including existing content. PvP will remain unaffected to ensure our intended PvP balance going forward. We are also working on other reward and progression systems for the game that tie into current and new content and features. As you know we care very much about your support and opinion and are listening intently to what you say.
Finally we look forward to hearing your thoughts on the upcoming content, and we will ensure we share our thoughts with you on the experiences we share in the Lost Shores.”
Chris Whiteside – Studio Design Director
Source: Guild wars 2
Greetings citizens of Tyria! My name is Linsey Murdock. Some of you may remember me as the Guild Wars Live Team Lead before the lovely and talented John Stumme took up the cause so I could work on other projects. As a game designer for Guild Wars 2, I primarily work on crafting and items, which is why I am here to talk to you today about some exciting new features coming up for items progression that my team has been working on.
As we watch Guild Wars 2 mature in its Live environment, we have found that our most dedicated players were achieving their set of Exotic gear and hitting “the Legendary wall.” We designed the process of getting Legendary gear to be a long term goal, but players were ready to start on that path much sooner than we expected and were becoming frustrated with a lack of personal progression. Our desire is to create a game that is more inclusive for hardcore and casual players alike, but we don’t want to overlook the basic need for players to feel like they are progressing and growing even after hitting max level. Adding item progression is a delicate process normally undertaken in an expansion, but we feel it’s important to strive to satisfy the basic needs of our players sooner rather than later.
We have always worked hard to create a sense of satisfying progression rather than gear grind and this new item progression initiative is no exception. By adding challenging new combat mechanics to end-game content and ways to mitigate those mechanics through gear progression for high-end players, we can add personal progression without making the game feel like an endless treadmill of gear that is just out of your reach. Original Guild Wars fans may recognize that we took a familiar approach to our new progression. The first end game mechanic we will introduce is Agony, which will be encountered in the Fractals of the Mists dungeon, and is mitigated by Infusions.
New Condition: Agony
In the upcoming Fractals of the Mists dungeon, we’ll introduce a new monster condition called Agony.
This extremely dangerous condition ticks percentages of player health away and can’t be cleansed by normal means. Players who wish to delve deep into the Fractals will find that Agony makes progress increasingly difficult, until they reach the point where some defense against this condition is a must. The only way to mitigate Agony damage is by building up resistance through Infusions, a new type of upgrade component that can be acquired in the Mystic Forge.
New Upgrades: Infusions
Infusions are a special new type of Upgrade Component that can only be slotted into special Infusion slots on gear.
There are multiple types of Infusions and Infusion slots. In November, we’ll introduce Offensive, Defensive, and Omni Infusions of Fine rarity from new Mystic Forge recipes. Infusion upgrade types must be paired with their like slot, with the exception of the rare and versatile Omni Infusions which can be slotted into any type of Infusion slot.
For now, Infusions slots can only be found in gear of a new rarity type: Ascended.
New Rarity Type: Ascended
In November we’ll unveil the first Ascended items. This new rarity type falls between Exotic and Legendary on the spectrum of rarity and has slightly higher stats than Exotics.
Ascended gear works a little bit differently than other gear types. The stats and functionality normally added to gear through upgrade components are actually built into Ascended items. Instead of upgrade slots, Ascended gear has Infusion slots, and rarer versions of the items also come with additional Agony Resistance built into them. Players will be able to acquire Ascended Rings in the Fractals of the Mists dungeon, and Ascended items worn on the back can be acquired through special Mystic Forge recipes.
The Future of Items Progression
This is just the beginning. In November, we’re only adding the first level of Infusions and Ascended Rings and Back slots, so that leaves us a lot of room to build upon these levels of Item progression in future content.
As we release more new end game content in the future, you’ll see more Infusions and Ascended item types being added to the game. Eventually, you’ll be able to kit yourself out with a full set of Ascended gear and high end Infusions to help give you the edge in end game content.
You’ll also see more Legendary items in the future and an update to our existing Legendary weapons. Legendary items were always intended to be on par with other “best-in-slot” items. So fear not, all existing Legendary weapons, which are currently on par with Exotics, will be upgraded to be on par with Ascended weapons at the same time that we add Ascended weapons to the game. Thus Legendaries will remain “best-in-slot” items. All Legendary items going forward will be of Ascended power. We also have plans to add more fun ways to acquire Legendary precursor items with a more “scavenger hunt” feel than they are acquired currently.
The new additions in November are just the start of our item progression initiative. We’re going to add tons of new high-level content to Guild Wars 2 in the future. As we introduce the new high-level content, we’ll also roll out complimentary Ascended and Legendary items (to say nothing of the other rewards you can earn by playing the content).
I hope you are all as excited about these new items as I am!
Source: Guild Wars 2 Lindsey Murdock
The Lost Shores is a game release coming to Guild Wars 2 during November 2012. The new content will involve the Sea of Sorrows and will launch on November 16th, 2012 at noon PST (20:00 GMT) beginning with a one-time event spanning three days. However, there will be hints and teasers appearing before then to build up the new content. The remainder of the content release (the pvp map, island, and dungeon) will permanently remain after the weekend event is over.
Starting Thursday, players who have purchased the game will be able to invite up to three friends for a free trial. The free trial will last the entire weekend. All players will be scaled up to level 80 for the finale, allowing friends to join players on their quest to push back the karka, although players will not be scaled up for any prior content.
- A one-time weekend-long event that permanently changes the world in some places.
- Prelude content with hints and teasers to build up the game release.
- A new PvP map: Temple of the Silent Storm
- A new area: Southsun Cove, designed for level 80s.
- A new dungeon: Fractals of the Mists, designed for level 80s.
- A new enemy: the karka.
- New Ascended armor quality items allowing a new upgrade type: Infusion.
- A new PvE condition: Agony.
- A new resource to harvest with 200 new crafting recipes. 
- Unique Black Lion Trading Company minis and weapon skins made for the Lost Shores event
Updated all Legendary Weapons Guide with detailed information on “How to help you complete your Legendary weapon”. You will learn how to get your Karma, your Gold, your Badges of Honor, Etc.
You must check under any Shopping List or video and check for Guide Spoiler then click “Show”. Anyone who wants to know a few tips should check this out, even if you do not desire a Legendary weapon!