Build 2/26/13 February Content Update Release Notes
Flame and Frost: The Gathering Storm
The situation is getting worse for the citizens of Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau. Volunteers are helping to ease the burden, but more refugees are hobbling down from the Shiverpeaks. The storm there is gaining momentum, but the forces of good are beginning to rally. They’re sending their heroes to defend the land and its inhabitants. Someone must hold back the gathering storm.
In “Flame and Frost: The Gathering Storm,” the second installment in this four-part series, the stakes are raised, and battles rage, in the foothills of the Shiverpeaks.
Archives For Gw2 Farming
Build 2/26/13 February Content Update Release Notes
Flame and Frost: Prelude
A mystery presents itself in this first entry in a multipart Living Story series. What could be causing such discord in the foothills of the Shiverpeaks? All those poor homesteaders and ranchers displaced with nowhere to go calls into question if the storms could be that bad—or if there’s something more sinister stirring up the flame and frost. The ground is shaking, and the sky is falling in northern Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau. Norn and charr refugees, crawling from the wreckage of their homes, are fighting their way to shelter in Hoelbrak and the Black Citadel. Many are in shock and wounded; most have only what they can carry on their backs. A call has gone out for volunteers to assist them in their time of need, when the environment itself seems to have become their enemy.
Wintersday has ended, and the residents of Lion’s Arch are tidying up, humming those bell-choir tunes as they work! They savor their memories of snowball fights, presents, toys, and Toymaker Tixx! And so the Lion’s Arch Council sends one last merry wish that the joy you felt at Wintersday will last all year long! Happy New Year!
The Wintersday Merchant will remain in Lion’s Arch for a while longer, allowing players to continue to exchange gifts.
Black Lion Trading Company Gem Store
After 11:59 p.m. PST on January 3, 2012, Wintersday items will no longer be available to purchase from the gem store.
Shatter skills now share a global 0.25 second recharge, to prevent multiple shatter effects triggering on the same illusion.
Shattered Strength: This trait now grants 1 stack of might per illusion shattered.
- Fixed a bug that would cause a crash when repairing armor while transformed.
- Area of effect heals and boons now prioritize players over minions and NPCs.
- Guild leaders are able to demote other players of the same rank.
- Weapon skills will now properly display their PvP and PvE split variants in the Weapon Skills tab of the Hero Panel instead of displaying both.
- Fixed a bug that caused NPCs not to resurrect other NPCs in various Orr events.
- Fixed a bug that caused Warmaster Jofast and her caravan to not advance properly through Cursed Shore.
- Fixed a rare bug that could prevent the event “Protect the trained skelk gathering kindling for Raintimber Mill” in Diessa Plateau from progressing.
- Fixed a bug that could potentially prevent progress with the event “Protect Orl’s research krewe” in Metrica Province.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent progress with the event “Stop the Inquest operatives from kidnapping adventurers” in Sparkfly Fen.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent progress with the event “Raid the Separatist camp with the Warhound Village veterans” in Iron Marches.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent displaced spirits from rejoining their bodies in Iron Marches.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent progress with the event “Protect the armory from the Flame Legion” in Plains of Ashford.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent “Ireta the Smasher” from team switching correctly during the event “Prevent the brawl between the three legions.”
- Fixed a bug that prevented Suwash from confronting Captain Jetsam in Lornar’s Pass in the event “Defeat Captain Jetsam.”
- Fixed a bug that preventing events from running properly near Eldvin Monastery in Queensdale.
- Fixed a bug causing skritt thieves to stop stealing harpy eggs in Harathi Hinterlands.
- Fixed a bug that caused Crusader Soma to give up searching for the lost caravan in Timberline Falls.
Crucible of Eternity
- Front door path: Fixed a bug that affected the aggro range of the Destroyer Specimen Boss.
- Submarine path: Fixed a bug with Bjarl’s armor not going off when he charges and hits a tower.
- Detha’s Path: Fixed a problem with Detha’s script where she would sometimes not start the event to fix the cannons.
- Hodgin’s Path: Fixed a problem in Hodgin’s script at the “Collect scepter fragments” event that prevented the event from starting.
- Detha’s path: Fixed a bug that caused the Ghostly Oozes not to use their basic attack properly, and spend a large amount of time loitering around players instead of attacking them.
- Fixed multiple problematic doors that would not open and close when intended.
- Fixed a bug where Morrigu could die after defeating the final boss before the cinematic could start, which would break the dungeon and prevent players from receiving the final reward.
The Ruined City of Arah
- Seer Path: Fixed an exploit where rangers using longbows could trivialize a fight by attacking at max range, and the Melandru boss would not fight back.
Fractals of the Mists
- Cliffside: Fixed an issue where players could damage the final seal with their normal attacks.
- Cliffside: Fixed an issue where players were able to attack and kill the first boss before triggering the cinematic.
- Minor personal story bugs in multiple personal story steps were fixed.
- The story step “Forewarned is Forearmed” has been fixed to avoid an error that prevented completion.
- The story step “Time for a Promotion” has been fixed to avoid a problem that caused it to stall.
- The story step “Silent Warfare” has had the difficulty adjusted.
- The story step “The Artist’s Workshop” has been fixed to allow players to rally when they defeat hypnotized performers.
- Players who completed the sylvari “mirror” storyline are now recognized by the NPCs in the story step “Through the Looking Glass.”
World vs. World
- Invisible & invulnerable players can no longer contest capture points in WvW. WvW capture points now follow the same rules as PvP capture points.
- All players will now correctly receive WvW bonuses. Players who transfer worlds will still be locked out of bonuses for the current and subsequent match.
- Heart of the Mists: Added light, medium, and heavy PvP Underwater Mask items to the PvP Armorsmith.
- Battle of Kyhlo: The hit box on the trebuchets has been decreased so that they are less vulnerable to certain AoE skills.
- Legacy of the Foefire: The red guild lord and his guards have been repositioned to more closely match the blue side.
- Forest of Niflhel: Fixed incorrect names on the archer NPCs that guard each base.
- Removed slots in the PvP locker for the Rawhide armor pieces, as they are not obtainable as PvP rewards.
- PvP locker now can store consumable finishers up to rank 6, glory boosters, PvP salvage kits, and tournament tickets.
- Updated the NPC names of archers in Forest of Niflhel.
- Updated the names of the level 80 rare armorsmithing boxes to match the names of the items they contain.
- Runes of Balthazar and Orrian now properly apply quickness when the player is struck and below 20% health.
- Updated Knight’s Jewel so that it appropriately grants Power rather than Toughness.
- Updated the ingredients required to craft satchels and boxes of armor to match the ingredients required to craft the individual pieces contained within.
- Fixed an issue with the Boxing Glove skills remaining when players swap to armor from town clothes.
- Mini pets are now usable in the Heart of the Mists.
- Fixed Krait Tonic second skill description.
- Fixed missing nightmare medium icons and pants using gloves icons.
- Total Makeover Kit and Self-Style Hair Kit added to the Black Lion Chest as rare rewards.
- Increased chance to get Mini boosters and Dye Pack boosters from the Black Lion Chest.
- Updated elementalist conjured weapons to appropriately apply attributes to all players that pick them up.
- Dragon’s Tooth: This skill’s blast finisher now triggers at spell location, instead of character’s location.
- Electrocute: This skill now has a maximum range and line of sight requirement.
- Impale: Fixed an exploit with this skill’s interaction with Signet of Restoration.
- Arcane Resurrection: This trait now applies five seconds of aura to allies affected by it.
- Evasive Arcana: This trait now has a blast finisher while attuned to earth.
- Elementalists will no longer get into a state where they aren’t attuned to any element. This commonly results in the player’s skillbar being empty.
- Toss Elixir C: This skill’s underwater cooldown is reduced from 60 seconds to 30 seconds to match the land recharge.
- Elixir S: Fixed a bug that would cause this skill to go on normal recharge when Fast-Acting Elixirs is equipped.
- Smoke Bomb: Cleaned up skill facts.
- Ring of Warding: This skill will no longer affect non-attackable NPCs.
- Updated the description for Blurred Frenzy to indicate that it gives evasion through “Blur,” instead of “Distortion”.
- Phantasms will now properly have all boons applied to them via player traits.
- Phantasmal Disenchanter can now be cast at the correct distance.
- Fixed a bug that allowed a ranger to have two traps of the same type active simultaneously.
- Using a stolen bundle item should no longer destroy a bundle being wielded in their hands.
- Whirling Axe: This skill can now be cancelled by other skills.
(edited by Moderator)
Our Studio Design Director Chris Whiteside just posted this:
“I’d like to respond to concerns players have raised about ascended items. Please keep in mind that we’re releasing this as one portion of a massive November update that introduces and improves many aspects of challenge, progression, and rewards. With this and upcoming updates, we view ourselves as introducing large amounts of content with supporting systems and features, akin to an expansion pack, building on Guild Wars 2 through a series of live releases. So it’s important for us to be able to add an expansion pack’s worth of progression and rewards to support that content.
Our goal is not to create a gear treadmill. Our goal is to ensure we have a proper progression for players from exotic up to legendary without a massive jump in reward between the two. We will slowly add the remaining ascended gear items and legendary items in future updates to allow people time to acquire them as we add exciting new content that deserves exciting rewards. We will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months that we expect everyone to chase after and then get the next set and so on.
Ascended and infusion rewards will be available in both PvE and WvW over time, and be made available through all sorts of content around the world including existing content. PvP will remain unaffected to ensure our intended PvP balance going forward. We are also working on other reward and progression systems for the game that tie into current and new content and features. As you know we care very much about your support and opinion and are listening intently to what you say.
Finally we look forward to hearing your thoughts on the upcoming content, and we will ensure we share our thoughts with you on the experiences we share in the Lost Shores.”
Chris Whiteside – Studio Design Director
Source: Guild wars 2